Join our team as an Economic Analyst – closes March 15
Strategies North was founded in 2015 with a purpose to build Indigenous capacity and support thriving
Indigenous communities. That purpose still unites and drives our highly-skilled team. As a result, we
focus on projects that matter to the communities we work with and build partnerships through respect
You are looking for more than just a job. You are looking to live your values and share your purpose.
You know your “why” and want to work with others who know theirs. You are highly organized with
demonstrated experience in conducting research and analysis and the ability to draft compelling
stories. You find it easy to work independently and take the initiative where needed. You take pleasure
in working with others and helping them achieve success in a dynamic team environment. You are
excellent at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and deliverables, you’re comfortable and
composed while managing time sensitive deadlines, and you know how to ask for help when needed.
You have a personal sense of purpose that aligns with the purpose, values and goals of SN.
The Economic Analyst is a full-time, permanent position, working remotely from anywhere in Canada
and reporting to Economic Advisor Nick Hayden. SN offers competitive compensation and benefits
based on qualifications and experience.
Terms: Permanent, full-time, remote position from anywhere in Canada.
Accountability: The Economic Analyst applies a high level of professional maturity and respect while
engaging with clients and partners, using proper verbal and written communication skills and
attention to detail to ensure client and funders objectives are met.
The Economic Analyst contributes to the success of our clients by developing advisory plans and
writing funding proposals for First Nations, development corporations and non-profit organizations
across Canada, and providing additional support on an as needed basis. Tasks include but are not
• Writing, editing and budget development for business plans, strategic plans, economic
development plans, feasibility studies, and more
• Conducting detailed research and analysis
• Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis on primary and secondary research to
develop conclusions and provide recommendations
• Proposal writing, editing and budget development. Working with internal expertise to support
proposal development and strengthen the written narrative.
• Reading and comprehending the criteria of various funding streams at a federal, provincial and
• Organizing and supporting internal and external meetings, and taking extensive notes during
calls with clients, partners, and funders.
• Undergraduate level studies in Commerce, Business, or similar field
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Understanding of financial statements and reports
• Experience with market and/or industry analysis
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Practical experience with Google Business Suite
• Experience conducting financial statement analysis is an asset
• Experience drafting written reports, budgets and cost estimates is an asset
• Excellent written and spoken English required
Please send your cover letter and resume to L.firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 5pm PST. Only those shortlisted for
interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.